This education course will train first responders to assist Acute Stroke Patients in the field and determine the level of care needed in each situation.
The course will evaluate the following scales:
- FAST-ED SCALE (Field Assessment Stroke Triage for Emergency Destination)
- RACE scale (Rapid Arterial Occlusion Evaluation)
After viewing this Fellows Course, participants will be able to:
- Become familiar with normal cerebrovascular anatomy and its common variations
- Learn basic technique for cerebral angiography including complication avoidance and management
- Become familiar with common devices and medications used in neurovascular interventions